Friday, September 23, 2016

"Pushing through the Uncomfortable”

Coach Deb Lenters

"Pushing through the Uncomfortable”
What does it mean when we say, “I’ve given my all, I’m spent, I’ve got nothing left to give”? It usually means we are near the end of our rope. Near. Not done. Not really the end. We think for a moment we’re done. But we’re not. Not really. Something deep down with in our soul, or maybe more within our phsychy, wakes up. But for a fleeting moment it says, “Wait a minute. I am not a quitter. I’m still alive. I can do this. I don’t know how, but I am not done before the end is actually here.”

I am more uncomfortable than I have ever been, but I am not done. I will tell my brain that it will continue to put one numb foot in front of the other, one strained hamstring, one tight calf in front of the other until this entire body is across the finish line. If I have to cry or hyperventilate, so be it. I’m not stopping. I don’t want to walk and will therefore do everything I can to slow jog, but I will get there – walk if I must. A DNF (did not finish) is only necessary when one is truly injured and unable to finish. DNF to me means “Do not Forget”. Do not forget how blessed you are. Do not forget how many people are cheering you on. Do not forget it is a blessing to be able to run. Do not forget that there is the God of the universe who has uniquely created you to be exactly who you are and that you are great SIMPLY because you are HIS.
I will be uncomfortable at times and it is then that I realize what it means to truly challenge myself and how fortunate I am to be able to “feel”. And I will understand the true exhilaration at the end knowing, “I did not give up”. Just like Christ did not nor ever will give up on me.
Push through. You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment